Software Developer at DiscountPandit.com. Bangalore, India
DiscountPandit.com is a hyperlocal search engine for deals. Started on the 15th August 2011, DiscountPandit.com indexes over 13000 deals from 10 cities across India. We plan to cover over 50 countries by the end of 2012.
Who are we looking for?
We are not looking out for “experts”, “specialists”, “gurus” etc. We are looking out for normal engineers with a passion for the web and who understand the following.
– Programming with Ruby and Ruby-related technologies (Sinatra/Rack/Rails)
– Experience with AWS, EC2, S3, Heroku or Engine Yard
– Defining and implementing robust services in the cloud
– Unit testing (TestUnit, RSpec) experience
– Automated integration testing (Cucumber, Webrat, Capybara, Selenium) experience
– Experience using Git and Github
– Experience building consumer-facing websites from front to back and scaling quickly to a large number of users
What will you be doing?
If selected, you will be chosen to work with some of the brightest minds in Web 2.0 trying to solve on large problem – Finding the best deals. You will also be a part of a nice work environment, working hands-on 5 days a week on some of the most complex problems and the best technology.
Send your job application to: email@example.com
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!