The Communications and Outreach Manager will be responsible for the management of the online platform where the stories of campaigns will be shared with the public, and building relationships to drive traffic to the platform and build the membership community.
He/she will be responsible to communicate about the platform via social media as well as partnerships with youth and young professional organizations, primarily college campuses but also other membership organizations. He/she will also work closely with the Community Changemakers in their engagement of volunteers and the public.
• 5+ years of professional experience in public or private sector
• Solid operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
• Exceptional communication, relationship and interpersonal skills: respect, patience, listening, and strong team orientation; ability to be a “storyteller” of our work
• Proven skills on managing social media and websites with a robust understanding of India specific tools and strategies
• Ability to operate independently in an ambiguous start up environment on complex multi-stakeholder issues
• Fluency in both Hindi and English
• Candidates with experience in campus outreach, social media marketing, and PR are encourged to apply
We look for the following characteristics in all HAIYYA team members:
• Interest in social change in India, and in particular through community leadership
• “Prophetic imagination”: a combination of criticality with hope, avoiding being numbed by despair or deluded by optimism
• Respect for core values: accountability, transparency, initiative, humility, curiousity, listening, and entrepreneurialism
• Good understanding of Indian political system as well as landscape of civil society
• Effective collaborator, seeks and provides constructive feedback
• Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations with resilience and resolve
Company Profile :
HAIYYA is an initiative to reclaim democracy into the hands of ordinary citizens across India. By investing in community leaders and connecting citizens to specific results-oriented campaigns, HAIYYA aims to strengthen democratic processes and governance across the country.
HAIYYA Community Changemakers will be trained in principles of community organising. They work together to identify a governance issues of importance to citizens (e.g., safety, sanitation, education) and develop and execute a campaign strategy by organising individuals in their local communities to act through online and offline actions.