The Product Manager is primarily responsible for strategic product planning, defining, delivering, and continuously innovating Internet based consumer products and services for mobile devices (including tablets). The Product manager should strive to create world-class products that are marketable and be instrumental in getting the same implemented. He/She is expected to:
1. Understand customer needs and consumer behavior through research, customer feedback analysis, using internal and third party analytics on product engagement metrics and direct interactions with customers and partners.
2. Use the above learnings for product innovations and improvements.
3. Conducting regular competition analysis and recommending plan of action – should master the details of competitive landscape. Innovating and delivering products that differentiate us from competition. This will include new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
4. Working closely with Engineering, Research, Quality Assurance, Design and Marketing teams to create synergies leading to a high quality product.
6. Creating product specifications documents and conducting product specification reviews with key stakeholders such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design & others.
7. Ensuring timely delivery of projects through proper planning, scheduling and execution.
The candidate should have around 4-8 yrs of industry experience from reputed organizations in the field of Portal / Product development / mobile product development / mobile apps development.
Candidate should be based in Mumbai or should be open to relocating to Mumbai.
Candidate Profile :-
Education: Graduation + MBA, BE or equivalent
Department: Product Development
Experience (years): 4-8 years Relevant Experience
Role: Product Management, User Engagement and Retention.
– Product strategy and business planning – Overall responsibility for product planning and product positioning.
– Understanding customer needs and consumer behavior through research, customer feedback.
– Competitor’s analysis and identifying areas for differentiation.
– Product development – Defining the product vision, conceptualizing, creating product specification document, conducting product specification reviews with key stakeholders, executing the implementation of the overall product roadmap.
– Ensure attractive designing and good user flow for the website that pulls in more audiences.
– Working closely with designers, engineering team, quality assurance team, content writers to create synergies leading to a high quality product.
– Ensuring timely delivery of projects through proper planning, scheduling and execution.
– Utilize web analytics to track and evaluate product portfolio’s success and continually identify new opportunities to enhance the product suite.
– Domain Knowledge for the Products. Web Internet and WAP. D2C Business model.
Skill Set Required
– Strong consumer focus
– Experience in managing Internet based consumer products or a service is an advantage. Knowledge of mobile platforms / mobile internet is strong advantage.
– Innovative and capable of thinking out of the box
– Market research techniques.
– Analytical and Logical Thinking
– Detail oriented, however, does not lose the big picture of final product and time to market
– Strong results orientation – is able to focus and deliver results
– Ability to understand the technology behind the Products.
– Good Presentation and communication Skills
– Team Player –ability to drive consensus, leverage synergies from cross functional teams