http://learningcatalyst.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/learningcatalyst-png-logo5.png 0 0 Learning Catalyst http://learningcatalyst.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/learningcatalyst-png-logo5.png Learning Catalyst2010-09-06 15:45:402010-09-06 15:45:40Five things you ought to know about Learning Catalyst
We are expanding like nobody’s business
- Apart from catering to working professionals, we’ve also started doing free events to launch our student courses in emerging areas like mobile application development, web security and digital marketing. The industry calls them career courses – we call them courses which make you a specialist.
- We are today present in four cities. (although there have been instances of people taking our courses online from locations like Kolhapur and Kankavli)
- A separate sister company is now firming up plans to offer overall-web-quotient-improvement solutions to SME’s globally. We believe previous efforts to target SME’s have been half-hearted, not holistic and not backed by the right educational bent of mind. More details soon, we don’t want to spill the beans yet. Watch out folks..
We are done with the ‘validation’ phase
- Yes, we were low-key when we started off because we were validating stuff : a modest office (although 90 percent of those who walked in got converted), limited hiring, a cautious spend on ads and somewhat low-cost amateurish attempts to spread awareness in colleges.
- But that’s changed – Although we are still middle class when it comes to ad spends :), we move to a bigger office in the heart of Vile Parle- east (Hanuman Road) next week. We are very close to ‘Panshikar’ – a hugely popular Maharashtrian snack joint and if you are nearby, do drop in – a ‘misal pav’ is guaranteed.
We are doing our bit to spread awareness in the web/mobile area
- We are quite used to folks and parents getting really curious about the areas we deal in so we launched the Catalyst Series, which is basically about getting participants direct access to experts in a webinar environment.
- When we launched the first series, we did 16 of them in two weeks (a record of sorts, we think :)) but now we have considerably slowed down (we do it once a week now) .Watch us as we tackle some hugely interesting stuff like history of search engines, client side optimization and the science of high value high volume retail.
We are not a ‘SEO classes’ company :
As in, we don’t do just that.
- We offer 23 courses (excluding the crash course variants). You can safely call them specialized – Aptech just offers only the web design courses out of the entire lot.
- We partner with educational institutes to take sessions on college campuses , we recently took the digital marketing elective at MICA
- We do corporate trainings – we recently did multi-location trainings for IBM and similar ones for an ICICI group company. These are not the ‘three-star-hotel-what-is-for-desert’ types but ones where company websites are opened up, analyzed and improvement plans are made on-the-spot.